BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair is currently seeking a Fitness Trainer to support the Medical Department and onsite Fitness Center.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
1. Opening / closing duties daily
2. Cleaning equipment, mirrors, sweeping if necessary
3. Check / tighten any equipment needing service
4. Wash safety vests
5. Daily exercise programming
6. Daily workouts for group sizes depending on current usage
7. At times, must be able to work with groups of up to 15 on NAVY FEP
8. Liability waivers to be filled out by all 1st time users
9. Weekly wellness / fitness newsletters to be emailed to the Medical Administrative Assistant on Monday mornings
10. Training certifications which will be expiring by the end of the following month to be notified by the 15th of each month.
11. Offer help to new users to help prevent risk of injury. Explain to new users that the Fitness Trainer is there to assist with exercise demonstration or program design if needed.
12. During peak hours, keeps eyes and ears open and know what everyone is doing and try to encourage anyone seeking one on one help to come in on non-peak hours.
13. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Skills and Education – Required education: Bachelor Degree (Physical Education or Related) or four additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Must have at least 1 year experience as a Fitness Trainer
- Must hold a nationally recognized certification
- Must have good working knowledge of human bio-mechanics
- Must know how to multitask and work with diverse groups at the same time
- Must be able to improvise and scale exercises to each individual
- Must be proficient at exercise programming efficiently for large groups with limited time / equipment
- Must be able to assist with administrative duties as needed
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top