Do you want to be part of America's mission to explore outer space and "protect those who protect us"?
BAE Systems is looking for a Firmware Engineer for our Manassas, Virginia Space Systems hardware design group. We are seeking an individual to perform activities such as requirements generation, design architecture, RTL coding, synthesis, test bench development, lab testing and product support.
You would be a member of the team whose products have been deployed in commercial, civil and national security space missions; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity. Additional work opportunities would include electronic warfare technology to deliver superior situational awareness, even in the most complex battlespace - defeating threats long before they can be seen. With this job, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of developing hardware from concept to deployment.
This position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligible to obtain one
- Bachelor's degree In Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in FPGA Design / Development, including
- Ability to distill higher level requirements into micro-architecture
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- Digital simulation using Modelsim/Questa or similar
- Experience with designer-level test bench (VHDL or SystemVerilog)
- Familiarity with static timing analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Experience and willingness for lab testing
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Familiarity with Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internal logic analyzer (ILA/chipscope/signaltap)
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience dealing with legacy designs
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Working understanding of Radar systems
- Experience with UVM/SystemVerilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top