Firewall Network Administrator, Principal
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Senior Firewall Network Administrator will support all operation aspects of the firewalls within the production environment to include event management, system upgrades, incident management, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the enterprise. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment. The Senior Firewall Network Administrator will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, Test/Lab Engineers, and Design Engineers in all things respective of the firewall environment. This position will report to the O&S Support Manager.
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the firewalls in the Production Environment including recovery documentation for designated systems, and establishment and maintenance of firewall configurations
- Provide leadership, expertise, and strategic guidance on critical operations that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all firewall issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the Test, Engineer, and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Provide expertise in the update/maintenance of the firewall and supporting networks and servers
- Monitor, evaluate and remediate any health concerns of firewalls within the production environment
- Provide On‐the‐Job training to staff, as needed
- Creates, documents, and implements department process and procedures associated with administration of the firewall solution
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed
- Perform other related duties as required
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top