Firewall Network Administrator, Journeyman
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a junior firewall administrator to improve their skill while supporting a growing program. The role of the Journeyman Firewall Network Administrator will support all operation aspects of the firewalls within the production environment to include event management, system upgrades, incident management, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the enterprise. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support. The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an escalation point for Service Desk
- Monitors and remediates any system health concerns of the firewalls, supporting networks and servers within the production environment
- Supports maintenance and updates of configuration or recovery documentation for firewalls
- Supports improvement of performance and availability standards of the technical solutions through continual service improvement
- Supports compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Ensure problems, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately addressed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top