- Works under direction from supervisor to utilize blueprints and process sheets to implement painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are moderately difficult to meet.
- Assists in determining the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications as well as selecting the proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
- Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity
- Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as acrylic, enamel, lacquer, duco, wrinkle and both urethane and plastic-based products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a moderate knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to achieve desired effect.
- Assists in testing drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
- Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements. Assists in calculating requirements if methods are being tested.
- May assist in utilizing a silk-screening method transferring images from screen to metal using various techniques and a variety of mixed inks. Pays close attention to controlling atmospheric impact to ensure quality graphics transfer.
Required Skills and Education Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience in a manufacturing paint shop. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top