Financial Targeting/Operations Officer
BAE Systems is seeking specialized operations/targeting officers to support a client's operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions require an active clearance with Polygraph. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in manipulating various classified and open source databases in support of the client's mandate to acquire Foreign Intelligence. The primary function of this officer is to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals in support of HUMINT operations against priority targets. Candidates will be responsible for identifying targeting leads to enable a variety of intelligence operations through the exploitation of classified and open source databases. Successful candidates will identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings, and empower core collectors by producing detailed targeting packages. Daily activities include:
- Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
- Draft comprehensive targeting packages in support of the client's objectives
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
- Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BA or BS Degree in business, economics, finance, or accounting OR
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience interpreting and analyzing financial data.
- OR Demonstrate a strong understanding of global finance through experience or knowledge in the following areas: threat finance, international economics, global money transfer mechanisms, financial data, and financial institutions
- Experience with operational case management
- 1 year of Counterterrorism target exploitation experience with knowledge of customer specific tools and databases
- Experience supporting US military forces, particularly counter threat finance, Counter terrorism, Counter narcotics, and Counter proliferation.
- 1 year of experience providing training or giving presentations on financial or information exploitation topics
- 1 year of experience working in a conflict zone
- Experience/knowledge with regional areas including Russia, China, North Korea, Iran.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top