Financial Exploitation Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking financial exploitation analysts to support a client's analytical requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions require an active clearance with Polygraph. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in a team environment and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience with analyzing financial data and familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
Job Description: Conduct intelligence research and all-source analysis of data in order to provide finished intelligence products, briefings, assessments on threat financiers, facilitators, and financial operations and networks associated with terrorism, insurgency, proliferation, and nation state adversaries. Map and perform analysis of financial data from formal banking system, financial reports, and informal systems for moving money. Extract and fuse transactional data from all sources to provide value-added analysis and products to support operations and policymakers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BA or BS Degree in business, economics, finance, or accounting OR
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience interpreting and analyzing financial data. OR
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of global finance through experience or knowledge in the following areas: threat finance, international economics, global money transfer mechanisms, financial data, and financial institutions
- Counter narcotics experience and Spanish proficiency desired
- 1 year of Counterterrorism target exploitation and analysis experience with knowledge of customer specific tools and databases
- 1 year of experience with exploiting large scale financial databases or data sets to conduct economic or financial analysis
- 1 year of experience providing training or giving presentations on financial or information exploitation topics
- Experience with mobile money, digital currencies, and emerging technology/services in financial industry
- Skills using software and technologies to view and manipulate financial data (MS Excel including pivot tables, MS Access, SQL).
- Experience supporting US military forces, particularly counter threat finance, Counter terrorism, Counter narcotics, and Counter proliferation.
- Experience/knowledge of Treasury organization and structures such as OFAC and FINSEN and the ability to translate Treasury requirements into collection opportunities and designation activities.
- Possess an ACAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification or comparable private sector certification.
- Experience/knowledge with regional areas including Russia, China, North Korea, Iran.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top