Financial Anst Prin
BAE Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst Principle to join the Pricing Department. This individual will analyze solicitation requirements and prepares fully compliant responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) from Federal Government Agencies across all Contract Types, FFP, FPI, T&M, CPIF, CPFF, and Other Cost Reimbursable Contract Types. Responsibilities include but not limited to lead complex research development and production cost proposals in accordance with RFP of sole source and / or competitive environment. In addition, function as an individual contributor of development, coordination, and submission of cost proposals that are consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the BAE Systems estimating and pricing practices and procedures.
- Understand and analyze RFP requirements, developing and presenting cost kick-off briefings, pricing proposals, analyzing cost data, and support negotiations.
- Interface with the proposal team (capture managers, program managers, engineering, contracts, finance/accounting, and operations personnel) to ensure that proposal is in compliance with all Cost Accounting Standards and BAE Systems policies and procedures.
- Analyze, review Basis of Estimate (BOE) for adequacy, accuracy, current cost and pricing, reasonableness, and completeness.
- Provide guidance to proposal managers or others on pricing issue / pricing strategies, financial analyses, and mitigation alternatives.
- Develop pricing strategies and "what-if" scenarios.
- Prepare Cost / Price volume including cost summaries and narrative analysis or explanation of cost estimates in accordance with technical, management and cost specifications of a request for proposal (RFP).
- Ensure the proper application of labor hour estimates, ODC, subcontractor, and material requirements, and overhead pools.
- In-depth understanding of FAR and accounting practices including audits, cost pools, rates, and analysis of contract cost data.
- Ensure timely response to proposal deadlines and customer requests.
- Provide support during customer / government audits, fact-finding and negotiations as required
- Maintain detailed pricing documentation files to serve as reference for future inquires or audits.
- Provide support to Estimating System audit and post award audits.
- Provide leadership/technical guidance to lower level pricing analysts.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top