Financial Analyst SR
BAE Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst Sr with exceptional analytic skills to join its Program Finance team. The successful candidate must possess strong financial analysis and problem solving skills, be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage numerous ongoing tasks.
This position requires extensive use of Microsoft Excel and an advanced understanding of Excel functions, formulas, what-if analysis, macros, graphs and pivot tables. In addition, this position will require extensive communication and coordination among program team members, customers and internal functional support areas, thus strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Develops and reviews financial data for inclusion in cost proposals, contract reviews, forecasts or variance explanations.
- Participate in program and project reviews. Ensures technical evaluation of program progress is consistent with status presented with financial documentation.
- Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
- May interface with all levels of management and be called upon to present financial performance to management.
- Maintains documented records supporting cost proposals, contract reviews, forecasts or variance explanations.
- Participates in audits and interfaces with both internal and external auditors.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures and DFAR/FAR regulations and interprets changes to same for impact on programs.
- Serves as a Finance SME (subject matter expert) and mentor.
- Support month end activities
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and recommend/ implement changes to optimize performance
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP system
- Understanding of Program costs, Revenue recognition, profit, cash and collections
- Understanding of Rates and Government Contracting
- Familiar with CAS and FAR requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Must be detail oriented with meticulous record-keeping skills
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top