Financial Analyst Sr
The Financial Analyst Sr is responsible for financial support of functional cost and expense budgeting, forecasting and reporting, and analysis of BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems (ES) sector.
The position reports to the manager of ES Overheads and Budgets. The successful candidate will be responsible for several fiduciary responsibilities and full business partner to a number of ES functions.
Specific Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Prepare long and short range forecasts of expense, base, staffing and overhead rates
- Provide finance partnership to ES functional leads
- Report financial results compared to budgets and forecasts
- Interpret monthly performance and make specific recommendations
- Maintain a strong, compliant financial control environment through process review and data analysis
- Anticipate needs and proactively formulate solutions
- Support the functional cost management efforts of the US Defense segments
- Analyze and understand all aspects of functional cost management for assigned Functions for all ES Segments
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Minimum Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related experience
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Oracle, iPortal, and Hyperion knowledge
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Qualifications for this position are:
- Understanding of Expenses and Overhead Rates
- Basic Understanding of double-entry accounting
- Able to work independently and are self-starting
- Skilled at solving complex problems
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a dedicated team to meet specific goal(s)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top