Financial Analyst - Modernization Programs
BAE Systems is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst to join our team at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA. The ideal candidate would be responsible for working closely with our Modernization group, developing program plans and monitoring program performance against cost and schedule goals for a variety of cost-type and fixed fee programs. Candidate must be able to work effectively with short turnaround job tasking and time constraints as this is a highly dynamic and fast paced work environment.
In this role your primary responsibilities will include the following:
• Develop and manage quarterly, annual, and five (5) year forecasts with program team.
• Maintain overall program financial position. Develop program plans and performance measurement reports that satisfy company and customer requirements for program status and cost collection. Develop work breakdown structures and assign task codes.
• Develop time phased expenditure plans. Identify implication of schedule variances and suggest appropriate work-around recovery plans.
• Monitor program spending against the baseline plan and current forecasts. Prepare variance analysis with program team and identify appropriate corrective action. Revise financial forecasts to reflect variances.
• Analyze program status to provide up-to-date Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimates at Completion (EAC).
• Forecast program data (funding, sales, gross margin, product cost by element, cash flow, backlog, manpower and facilities requirements in Hyperion.
• Analyze and revise program EAC when changes occur in overhead rates, and report the impact on the program to the management team.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years' relevant experience in Financial Analysis.
Strong analytical skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Financial forecasting experience.
Ability to interface with various levels of management.
Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Organized and disciplined in work habits; ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
5+ years financial analysis experience.
Knowledge of Hyperion queries and input.
Experience in Earned Value Management.
Experience within government contracting environment including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Knowledge of MS Access and SQL queries and reports.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top