Financial Analyst, Mergers & Acquisitions
Plays a key role on the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team providing valuation and support capabilities. Prepares and maintains valuation model for acquisitions and divestitures, develops necessary valuation aids/guidelines for use by Inc and Sectors. Prepares Stage Papers, participates in due diligence effort and prepares financial deliverables required at various stages in the M&A process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Prepare and review valuations on a variety of M&A targets, both acquisitions and divestitures
2. Prepare and review Stage Papers and process deliverables
3. Recommend and facilitate valuation process improvements including valuation model enhancements. Ensure that adequate tools remain available, current, and provided to analysts. Prepare and maintain valuation training materials
4. Liaise with external consultants such as Public Accounting as necessary
5. Liaise with Inc. and Sector personnel on valuation, diligence, and other M&A related matters
6. Participate on due diligence efforts as required
7. Coordinate with plc, Inc. and sector financial resources on a variety of M&A issues such as accounting, planning, tax, and treasury.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Strong demonstrated command of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Sound interpersonal skills (organization, time management, etc...).
Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
Conceptual and innovative thinking.
Preferred Skills and Education
Master's Degree preferred
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top