BAE Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst with prior government working experience to support the Enterprise IT Solutions business unit within Air Force Solutions.
Looking for a candidate to apply accounting and finance principles in the analysis and evaluation of the prior, current and future financial conditions of ongoing and projected projects, programs or operations to determine status, performance, expenditures and revenues.
1. Reviews and analyzes financial documentation such as cost performance reports, schedule status reports and contract funds status reports. Evaluates program or project status based on cost analysis and performance assessment techniques.
2. Prepares reports and presentations analyzing contractor status to include performance/trend evaluations, independent cost-to-complete projections, and identification of potential problem areas.
3. Assists customer in contractor surveillance to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Provides on site evaluation as needed. Examines contractor internal data both to validate consistency of reports to the government and reasonableness of budgets allocated to cost accounts. May conduct fact-finding sessions, if required.
4. Analyzes assigned tasks to determine estimates of man-hours and material needed for completion. Monitors costs of tasks to prevent cost overruns. Compares cost to total budget and to milestone schedules. Monitors critical tasks regularly. Reviews and audits operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
5. Develops and maintains tracking system to monitor obligation expenditures.
6. Coordinates all submissions into a consolidated budget and financial report. Prepares regular and special budget reports. Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
7. Maintains financial records and journals of program or project operations. Prepares financial documents and financial inputs for acquisition plans, presentations and reports.
8. Creates purchase requisitions for subcontractors performing on contract. Maintaining STCS portal for subk invoice and tracking.
9. Reviews and approves customer invoices in Billing tracking system, ensuring accuracy and compliance to contract.
10. Works closely with PM in developing ETC's, providing financial advice to ensure performance in accordance with expectations.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Excellent command of MS Office Suite to include: MS Word, Excel (including formula creation/validation, V-Lookup, and other calculation and date mining skills), Powerpoint.. Experience in program finance/program control and government contracting for multiple contract types (FFP, CPFF, T&M, FFP-LOE).
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience with Deltek Costpoint, COGNOS, Hyperion preferred. Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top