Field Service Technician
Under direction of Support & Technical Services personnel, installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs Navy ordnance systems such as the Mk 45 Mod 4 LWGM, Mk 63 Weathershield, Mk 110 and Mk 38 gun systems, Mk 41 VLS and other US Navy ordnance electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses, installs, maintains, and repairs electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics and/or other types of components and equipment for MK 45.
2. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
3. Applies technical knowledge of electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
4. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
5. Modifies equipment for maximum efficiency and to improve performance.
6. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
7. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
8. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
9. Assists engineering staff in determining and solving equipment design problems.
10. May perform quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Required Skills and Education
High School Diploma or equivalent + additional 6 years relevant work experience or vocational training of OTJ experience with basic electrical;mechanical and hydraulic equipment or Associate degree + additional 2 years experience or vocational training or OTJ experience with basic electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
This work includes use of associated instrumentation / tools and a working knowledge of reading blueprints and technical repair standards.
Preferred Skills and Education – Prior experience on US Navy Mk 45 gun / Mk 63 Weathershields, Mk 41 VLS, Mk 110 gun and/or Mk 38 Mod 2 weapons systems is desirable but not required.
- Relevant ordnance coursework or training.
- Relevant work experience in the defense industry.
- Relevant work experience within BAE Systems
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Land & Armaments Operating Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Land and Armaments is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top