Field Service Technician
The field service Technician is responsible for providing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware. The candidate will serve as a Field Service Technician performing Tier I and II support at a remote field or garrison site. Detailed, organized, and accurate incident documentation and management skills are critical to the success of the role.
Field Service Technician – Minimum Functional Requirements:
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring, security, operating system installation, and other local areas system administration related functions.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintain and load cryptographic device and keys.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Provides continuous improvement efforts that drive system efficiencies.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Skills and Education Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top