Field Service Tech I
- Norfolk, VA
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, has an opening for Field Service Technician (FST). Candidate will focus primarily on overhauling MK-45 guns on navy ships (includes up to 50% travel); but, may be asked to assist in repair efforts in other USN systems (i.e. MK-38, MK-110 and MK-41 VLS).
- Install, test, repair, maintain and remove electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Assist in coordinating tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of test equipment and test procedures.
- Assist in setting up and operating equipment and records data.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and technical repair standards.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Some proficiency with Microsoft word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database, email, and calendar software.
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other personnel both inside and outside of the organization.
Preferred Skills and Education
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Vocational or mechanical training working with basic electrical/mechanical/hydraulic instrumentation tools and hardware. May consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience on U.S. Navy weapons systems (esp. MK-38, MK-41, MK-45 and MK-110).
- Relevant ordnance coursework or training.
- Relevant work experience in the defense industry.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top