Join BAE Systems' In our Field Engineering Sector and be a part of the team that solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Are you one of the many who finds solving technical issues and challenges personally rewarding? The Field Engineer team is searching for a Field Engineers . Field Engineers must maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor's project management model for development and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications.
Support includes procurement of required equipment or components to support build-out of communications systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization of packages, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of customer system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel on installed packages, test, inspection, verification of all customer communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience building, configuring, supporting and deploying tactical packages to the field. Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of tactical communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Knowledge of SIGINT collection equipment and experience with installation.
- Knowledge with wireless technologies to include GSM/CDMA.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
- Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
- Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
- Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Experience conducting site surveys prior to installation activities.
- Ability to interpret drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Possess knowledge and ability to provide training to onsite personnel on developed and installed packages
- Ability to test, inspect and verify all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
- Experience working in and supporting an Operations Center.
- Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
- Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor's classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.