Field Application Software Engineer
The software development team at Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) – Systems Integration Group (SIG) develops, implements, and integrates state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
As a member of the software development team, the Field Application Engineer (FAE) will work with members of our software team, product managers, and customers to develop, integrate, configure, and apply multi-source intelligence processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) products. The FAE will develop strong relationships with key customer technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and grow our business. The FAE will become an expert in configuring and applying our products and will provide customer feedback to product managers and the development teams. When not supporting in the field, the FAE will contribute as part of team to develop web-based multi-source data exploitation applications.
The ideal candidate enjoys learning in a challenging environment, can work on multiple teams and projects, and can apply their technical skill in solving real-world problems.
FAE responsibilities include:
- Understanding, applying, and communicating the technology concepts and implementations of our products
- Setting up and integrating new software and hardware based systems at a variety of international and domestic customer locations
- Supporting customer operation, use, and feedback of our systems
- Training system and equipment users in order to provide an outstanding user experience and satisfaction
- Contributing to the engineering and system test process in a software development role
- Participating as a customer advocate in the engineering development process
- Contributing to the development of customer support material such as technical manuals, application briefs, and product data sheets
Anticipated tasks for this position include:
- Integration and operation of multi-source intelligence PED products at customer sites
- Configuration, processing, and analysis of new sensor datasets
- Development and enhancement of the existing “Hawkeye” multi-source data exploitation application.
- Development and enhancement of the next-generation “GXP InMotion” real-time video analysis product. Reference http://www.geospatialexploitationproducts.com/content/gxp-inmotion-desktop/ Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Developers that know how to profile, optimize, and test their own code will fit best within our skilled and dynamic team Other job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of technical experience with at least 2 of those years in customer service, or 9 years of experience, 2 in customer service, in lieu of degree
- Problem solving skills using a clear understanding of facts and implementation of test plans and solution strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, have a positive attitude and a results oriented approach to business
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD clearance
- A valid passport and the ability to travel frequently domestically or internationally
Preferred Skills and Education While not critical to the open position, experience with the following skills are useful in our organization and will be helpful as you expand your roles and responsibilities:
- Experience developing multi-client, multi-browser web-based graphical user interfaces
- Experience with full-stack web application development processes, including: version control, documentation, code review, testing, building, packaging, and distribution
- Experience working with multiple OS types (Windows, Linux, OSX) and versions
- SQL database configuration, optimization, and administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Networking and networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, RDP)
- Multi-source processing, exploitation, and dissemination workflows
- Full-motion video (FMV) sensors, formats, codecs, and protocols
- Storage, retrieval, and streaming of video streams
- Design and implementation of distributed server-client architectures (e.g., chat services)
- Server-side framework development
- Programming in C, C++, Java, or Matlab
- Contribution to open-source projects
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top