FAST Labs Software Engineering Intern III
If you are a technology driven individual who loves to create cutting edge software, this is the career opportunity for you. The FAST Labs business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems (ES) Sector of BAE that helps drive research efforts for leading academic and DoD research institutions by iteratively building software systems and demonstrations that show customers what is possible. We then help turn those research prototypes into differentiators for ES which has products fielded everywhere from the depths of the Earth's oceans to Jupiter.
FAST Labs has helped many interns contribute significantly to projects for the nation's most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, and Air Force Research Labs.
As an intern in FAST Labs Software Engineering, you will work on cross-functional teams under the guidance of a Senior Engineer and the mentorship of a Sr. Principal Engineer to demonstrate the solutions to some of the United States' most pressing problems.
Our interns typically participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, software solutions, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques, working alongside other highly motivated engineers and researchers that are passionate about protecting our military service personnel.
The Software Engineering Directorate provides its staff with opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events
Required Skills and Education
- Object-Oriented language experience (C++/C#/Java)
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must have graduated from High School
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Current US Citizenship is required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Current Java software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Current C++ software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Experience with any of Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems or simulations
- Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
- Agile Development experience
- Experience designing and/or implementing software algorithms
- Experience developing: Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Compilers, User Interfaces, Amazon Web Services, Cybersecurity, Object-Oriented Design / Architecture experience
- Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
- Active defense security clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top