FAST Labs Software Engineer II
- Merrimack, NH
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
As a Software Engineer in FAST Labs Software Engineering, you will work with a cross-functional team under the guidance and mentorship of a Principal or Chief Engineer to demonstrate the solutions to some of the United States' most pressing problems. You will help break down and estimate functionality, and provide feedback to project leadership such as improvements to system designs, algorithms or user interfaces.
You will support and work closely with the RF EW and Advanced Electronics (R2E) product line which is focused on developing next-generation Electronic Warfare capabilities for the Warfighter.
As a technical representative and owner of systems and products, you will occasionally travel (about 10% of the time) to customer sites for meetings and technical discussions and participate in field events and flight tests. And, have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
Required Skills and Education
- An active Top Secret security clearance is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related discipline with 2+ years of experience, or Master's Degree and 0 years of experience
- Object-Oriented language experience (C++ or Java)
- Software development experience in a Linux environment
- Excellent team player who is willing to contribute in any capacity
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Top Secret SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) clearances highly desired
- Current Java software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Current C++ software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
- Linux System Administration
- Proficiency with software build tools such as Jenkins, Subversion, CMake and Ant
- Experience with any of Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems or simulations
- Architecture experience
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top