FAST Labs Software Engineer I
As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
Our engineers typically participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, software solutions, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques, working alongside other highly motivated engineers and researchers that are passionate about protecting our military service personnel. This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
• An active Top Secret security clearance is required
• Object-Oriented language experience (C++/Java)
• Python (2.7+, 3.5+) experience
• Matlab (2014+) experience
• Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred Skills and Education
• Current Java software development experience on Windows or Linux
• Current C++ software development experience on Windows or Linux
• Signal Processing and/or Software Defined Radio experience
• Experience with any of Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems or simulations
• Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
• Agile Development experience
• Experience designing and/or implementing software algorithms
• Experience developing: User Interfaces, Cybersecurity, Object-Oriented Design / Architecture experience, Automated Testing
• Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top