FAST Labs - Software Engineer (Arlington)
As a FAST Labs Software Engineering employee, you will work on cross-functional teams under the guidance of a Senior Engineer and the mentorship of a Sr. Principal Engineer to demonstrate the solutions to some of the United States' most pressing problems.
Our employees typically participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, software solutions, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques, working alongside other highly motivated engineers and researchers that are passionate about protecting our military service personnel.
This position primarily supports the FAST Labs Cyber & Communications Technologies (CCT) Product Line. CCT's focus areas include cyber vulnerability research; automated reverse engineering; cyber-attack prediction; insider threat detection; autonomous systems; analysis and defense of hosts, networks, enterprises, vehicles, Internet of Things, SCADA systems, and cyber-physical systems
The FAST Labs Software Engineering Directorate provides its staff with opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current US Citizenship is required
- Experience one of more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, or Python
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Active defense security clearance highly preferred
- MS. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Current C/C++, Java, Python, or Matlab software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Agile Development experience
- Experience designing and/or implementing software algorithms
- Experience designing and/or implementing cyber-security systems
- Experience designing and/or implementing machine learning software algorithms
- Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top