FAST Labs Senior Software Engineer
- Merrimack, NH
As a Senior Engineer in FAST Labs Software Engineering, you may work as an individual contributor or lead a small team under the guidance and mentorship of a Sr. Principal or Chief Engineer to demonstrate the solutions to some of the United States' most pressing problems. In your first assignment(s) you will help break down and estimate functionality, and provide feedback to project leadership such as improvements to system designs, algorithms or user interfaces. You will be the primary contributor for the technical solution to the problem. As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering. This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
Fast Labs software engineers typically participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, software solutions, applying software development tools and techniques, working alongside other highly motivated engineers and researchers that are passionate about protecting our military service personnel. You don't see it, but it's there. As a Fast Labs software engineer you will work on challenging solutions for the intelligence and aerospace industry, utilizing expertise in one or more of RF, DSP, Real Time, Embedded Systems, Algorithm Development, and Systems Integration specialties. You will work on advanced development projects, early technology demonstrations, and prototype solutions as well as deployed systems. Your ability to learn quickly and rapidly deliver solutions in evolving environments will be key to your success. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate for Those Who Move the World TM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Through research programs funded by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, the research and development team in FAST Labs collaborate across the enterprise. On this team, you'll have the opportunity to create and develop advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• An active Top Secret security clearance is required.
• Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Object-Oriented C++ experience.
• Multi-threaded programming experience.
• Current C++ software development experience on Windows and/or Linux.
• Signal Processing and/or Software Defined Radio experience, preferably with USRPs.
• Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks.
• Strong debugging skills, particularly related to processing performance.
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written.)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• SIMD, AVX, CUDA programming experience
• Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
• Agile Development experience
• Experience with any of Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems or simulations
• Experience designing and/or implementing software algorithms
• Experience developing: User Interfaces, Cybersecurity, Object-Oriented Design / Architecture experience, Automated Testing
• Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top