FAST Labs - RF Researcher/Scientist II
We are looking for engineers with RF, Radar, Radio Frequency or Microwave backgrounds and degrees in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics. The successful candidates will serve as a Systems Engineer within the FAST Labs. This role will provide internal engineering design and analysis support to research and development activities relating to RF microelectronics, digital phased arrays, antenna and aperture-embedded digital processing.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
• Supporting design, modeling, simulation and analysis of systems with regards to RF, Radar technology, phased arrays.
• Establish and control the system technical baseline
• Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures
• Support technical exchange meetings for systems design and support functions
• Conduct and support product testing for radio frequency technology
The RF Electronic Warfare and Advanced Electronics Group within BAE Systems FAST Labs provides premier solutions for the world's leading RF system production organizations. At BAE Systems FAST Labs, you will interact with and contribute to some of the most intellectual dialogues occurring in the advanced technology community. We develop bleeding edge technologies in the areas of RF microelectronics, digital phased arrays, antenna and aperture-embedded digital processing. The technologies you will develop are leveraged for future next generation military technology to save lives, and ensure next-decade commercial technology will benefit the breakthroughs of your work. We will take on the hardest problems to maximize our stakeholders benefit; the ideal candidate will embrace challenges almost too difficult to achieve.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Experience in research and development activities, either in academia or industry.
Preferred Skills and Education
Any one of the following experiences is preferred:
• FPGA/VHDL design and development, testing
• System characterization and testing
• RF/Microwave system, module and circuit design and development
• Participate in a RF/Microwave system design team including scheduling, budgeting, conducting design reviews, supporting build, test, design qualification and system integration.
• Design and analysis of microwave systems and circuits using Agilent Advanced Design Suite (ADS) or Microwave Office
• RF cascade analysis
• RF non-linear compression analysis
• RF frequency conversion design and analysis, including analysis of mixer spurs and intermodulation products.
• Electromagnetic design of antennas, circuits, RF layout using tools such as HFSS, CST, FEKO
• RF/Microwave microstrip and stripline design techniques
• Working knowledge of active and passive RF/Microwave component designs including FET and PIN-diode switches, amplifiers, couplers, power dividers, isolators, filters, etc.
• Experience with microwave testing using Vector Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Synthesizers, Power Meters, etc. • Electronic CAD:
-Schematic capture of design (Cadence HDL / Orcad)
-Layout support/design rules
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top