FAST Labs - R&D Program Manager
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
We are looking for a Program Manager who wants to help in the research and development of cutting edge communications, signal processing, and high-speed data processing solutions. Successful candidates will be able to work under general direction as a Program Manager. Responsible for the completion of milestones or ad-hoc tasks outlined by the Project Manager or Program Manager. The failure to meet milestones or tasks can result in delays in program scheduling or the expenditure of additional resources. Candidate should demonstrate professionalism, effective communication, leadership, problem-solving skills, and promote an awareness of BAE Systems internal opportunities.
As a Program Manager, you will support programs for the FAST Labs TM directorate out of Merrimack, NH and Burlington, MA where our primary customers are DARPA and other government labs. This position requires a comprehensive interface with Contracts, Subcontracts, Finance and Purchasing experts within the company as well as with Government customers to assure that the project's financials, schedule and technical objectives are met and that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved. You will have a significant opportunity to work with several leaders in these areas and in the technical business areas defining future technology transition.
The basic functions of the job include:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned programs execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, quality, inventory management, and customer engagement) and ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project.
- Acts as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, suppliers, and key customer stakeholders.
- Responsible and accountable to the Business Segment Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company and ensures assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow.
- Leads or participates in the creation of new business strategies and in the development of strategic and financial plans
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience leading and inspiring diverse teams in a high tempo environment.
- Successful, proven past performance in leading and managing multi-discipline project teams.
- Experience in managing complex avionics development projects and/or Integrated Product Teams.
- Experience interacting and managing programs for Aerospace Primes and/or Department of Defense
- Expertise in project management
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Highly adaptable with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in new business capture
- An active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Prefer Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- New Business Capture Lead Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top