FAST Labs Project Technical Lead (PTL)
BAE Systems FAST Labs is seeking experienced and driven engineering professionals to join our rapidly expanding engineering team developing next generation technology in one or more of the following product areas:
- Autonomy, Controls, and Estimation
- Cyber Technology
- Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare and Advanced Electronics
- Sensor Processing and Exploitation
- Sensor Technology
Many engineers at FAST Labs have made significant contributions to projects for the nation's most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, IARPA, Army Research Labs (ARL), Navy Research Labs (NRL), and Air Force Research Labs (AFRL).
We are looking for a Product Technical Lead (PTL) who can coordinate and manage the program engineering activities from early development phases through the transition of designs into production. The successful candidate will serve as the Engineering Lead responsible for implementing successful technical development within R&D programs. The PTL will support a portfolio of programs within the assigned technology focused product line(s).
This role reports into the Systems Engineering Department and specific job responsibilities include:
- Ensure the engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect security, safety, export control, ethics and engineering rigor.
- Work with Program Manager to manage engineering cost, schedule and technical scope on the program.
- Serve as the Engineering focal point for the project for integrated plans, issues reporting, and risk & opportunities management.
- Serve as technical liaison to the customer.
- Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations.
- Coordinate with functional engineering organizations to ensure the program is adequately staffed for successful execution.
- Manage risks and opportunities in cooperation with the project leadership team.
- Work with Principal Investigators and customer to maintain notional schedule of program activities.
- Mentor and guide engineers involved in program activities.
- Works with Program Manager to present the engineering position at the Request for Bid Approval, Technical Bid Review, and other Phase/Gate Reviews.
Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative solutions that will meet critical customer needs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active DoD Secret clearance and Top Secret eligible is required. (Active TS preferred)
- 2+ years of major program or mid-size project leadership experience.
- Experience directing and supervising engineering and technical personnel.
- Ability to effectively manage change and innovate.
- Ability to apply analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations with minimal supervision.
- Assist Project Manager develop and execute program plans, including establishing and managing internal/external planning, budgets, staffing forecasts, and schedules necessary to achieve program goals.
- Interfaces with customers on all program issues including cost, schedule, technical and contractual status.
- Active Top Secret clearance is preferred.
- Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with the proposal process.
- Familiarity with EVMS systems and Project management tools such as SPI/CPI and IMS.
- Prior PTL or relevant technical management experience.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top