FAST Labs - Principal Scientist II - Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR)
BAE Systems is seeking energetic candidates to augment our research and development team focused on cutting edge Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and sensing systems. The successful candidate will be a program team lead responsible for developing and demonstrating next generation EOIR components, sensors, systems, and techniques.
Responsibilities include developing and analyzing new systems concepts in Electro Optic active and passive sensing including LADAR/LIDAR, imaging, or countermeasure systems. The successful candidate will be involved with programs from concept development and proposal through design, integration, test, and technology transfer leading small interdisciplinary work groups and program teams. The work environment is fast-paced and presents technical challenges and significant growth opportunities.
Primary Duties will include
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-optics or equivalent with >10 years of experience working with complex EOIR systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-Optics or equivalent with >10 years of experience working with complex EOIR systems.
- US Citizen eligible for Secret clearance.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software and systems engineers.
- Experience with project management to achieve project goals.
- Expertise in one or more optical system specialties; i.e. lasers, precision pointing of laser beams, design of pointing systems, performance testing of optical components and subsystems, atmospheric correction, optical communications, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one optical application including Infrared Countermeasures, Passive detection and tracking, LIDAR, coherent LIDAR, remote sensing, or laser communications
- Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle
- Modeling and simulation expertise in at least one common language (i.e. MATLAB, Mathmatica, Python, C/++, etc.)
- Demonstrated history of proposals, project capture, and customer interaction
- PhD in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-optics or equivalent
- Expertise in program management
- Active Secret or higher clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top