Facility Security Officer / Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Los Angeles, CA
Join our team at BAE Systems as a full time Facility Security Officer (FSO) as well as a Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for our office located in Los Angeles, CA. We are looking for a Industrial Security career professional who can contribute to our growing footprint. Your knowledge as a Industrial Security professional supporting security compliance as it relates to the National Industrial Security Program and supporting as the local ISSM protecting information systems will be of great value to our internal and external customers. As the ISSM you will have an opportunity to maintain compliance measures while protecting vital information systems. You will have an opportunity to work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
As an FSO you will also be responsible for managing programs with the facility to include supporting customer visits and completing Security Vulnerability Assessments. You will be responsible in providing security guidance to company personnel advise staff or various security policies, training requirements.
Additional duties will include conducting investigation of non-compliance issues and review of all security violations and submitting all reports to CSA. These reports may include adverse information, suspicious contacts, and reports of Loss, Compromise or Suspected Compromise.
Routine tasks will include conducting security briefings to include, new hire orientation, refresher training, SSA training, and program specific security briefings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret clearance
- Facility Security Officer experience
- Familiar with JPAS/DISS
- Conducting investigations
- Understanding and in depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- IAM Level II certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives
- Demonstrated ability to create Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures that resulted in an ATO
- Run and maintain the entire information assurance program for more complex efforts or area
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals)
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top