Facility Security Officer (FSO) / ISSM
BAE Systems Platforms and Services has an opening for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) /Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to Support the Weapon Systems business area in Dayton, OH.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administration and/or implementation of security procedures to safeguard materials, documents, property, and physical assets relating to classified programs
- Ensures compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) as it relates to the Company's compliance with government industrial security requirements.
- The ISSM will certify to the CSA that the AIS to be used for processing classified information includes an AIS security program under RMF compliance that addresses the management, operational, and technical controls in accordance with CSA-provided guidelines. Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of the contractor's AIS program, including insider threat awareness, for facility management, personnel, users, and others as appropriate. Works in conjunction with the ISSO to ensure patches, updates and audits are performed properly and timely.
- Performs a variety of tasks ensuring the security and accountability of all government COMSEC (Communication Security) hardware assigned.
- Administers and provides recommendations to policy and procedures for the management of classified material.
- Briefs senior management on the status of the Facility Security Program.
- Develops and administers security-related training.
- Ensures that all such materials are properly marked and secured in accordance with the NISPOM.
- Evaluates, determines, and maintains accountability on destruction of DOD and internally generated classified material.
- Works with the Shared Services PERSEC Manager to ensure the Personnel Security Clearance Program is in accordance with the provisions of the NISPOM.
- Maintains accountability databases and performs company badging and identification functions and assign access capabilities to facilities and special Access Programs through the Department Security Systems Computer System (C-Cure).
- Leads security audits, pre-inspections and Industrial security investigations in accordance with policy.
- Responsible for the physical security requirements and implementation of physical security policies.
- Maintains and updates security databases and tracks all site international travel
- Has oversight of site security budget, planning and administration
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have an active SECRET US Government Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to travel to Louisville, KY up to 15% of the time.
- Must have FSO and ISSM experience.
- Facility Security Officer certification through CDSE.
- Considerable knowledge of DOD security policies and programs, as well as Company security and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in standard computer applications, to include JPAS, MS Word, Power Point, and MS Excel, as well as non-standard government specific applications.
Preferred Skills and Education
- ISP, CISSP, Security+, or CEH Certifications.
- Experience with RMF.
- Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
- Experience with SIMS.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top