Facility Security Officer
BAE Systems is looking for a FSO to monitor and report on all security aspects of company security policies and procedures and physical security programs and activities at a cleared facility. Implement, manage to and ensure compliance with Company security policies, procedures and directives. Primary advisor to senior leadership on all site physical and industrial security compliance matters. Additionally, will assist in program management working with the cognizant Program Manager for various task orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast moving team environment which involves multiple levels of security professional disciplines. Act as a team member able to contribute security interests in all settings specific to the team's needs.
- Security professional must be flexible, agile and a self-starter that is confident and experienced in the same arena.
- As requested, implements all corporate security direction, policy and procedures throughout the facility in support of NISP and Company security requirements.
(4) Maintain all security requirements for programs under their purview to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and relevant supplemental DoD policies and directives.
- Consistently and accurately review, respond to and process all security paperwork and systems for accuracy, completion and submission.
- Systems include, but are not limited to JPAS, eFCL, NISS, DIAS, SIMS and e-QIP
- Conduct periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure SSA, DSS, and customer compliance; accurately report security posture to site, group and corporate leadership.
- Develop, conduct, coordinate and deliver all site and program-specific security education programs ensuring all facility personnel complete appropriate security training.
- Conduct security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel.
- Coordinate, submit, and confirm employee security clearances via multiple platforms to include JPAS, reviewing e-QIP/SF-86 documentation, and conducting initial security briefings.
- Maintain accountability for all classified material, including shipping, receiving, logging, marking and dissemination.
- Oversee badging of employees, visitors, consultants and government representatives to ensure compliance with Company policy.
- Conduct periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure NISP compliance; accurately reports security posture to site, group and corporate leadership.
- Conduct and coordinate investigations into security violations related to cleared information systems; ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years equivalent experience; veteran with applicable military experience is highly preferred.
- Must have an Active Secret clearance.
- If hired, applicant must successfully complete the FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum and the Counterintelligence DSS training within the specified timeframe. Prior completion a plus.
- Analytical ability to understand and interpret DoD and company security policies and procedures.
- Substantial communication skills to advise customers of DoD and company industrial security policies and procedures and supervise the plant protection personnel.
- Microsoft Office Product Experience - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point required. Microsoft Project a plus.
- Completion of required Department of Defense (DoD) courses related to government security - highly desired.
- Perform independently, or with a group, on site, group or enterprise-level security projects designed to enhance the security posture of Company.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top