Ensures optimal utilization of the organizations facility and its assets. Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends and plans to meet the needs. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
- Prepares SOW, Purchase Req's, and obtains and tracks PO's.
- Maintains working relationships with All departments and vendors
- Possess sound understanding of facilities theories and practices
- Monitor and maintain facility work order system
-Assist with research, development, and recommendations for facility repair and improvement actions.
-Plan and execute changes (with vendors) to the facility to include furniture installation, office rearrangements, electrical additions, and other changes based on business needs.
- Assist with the management of the office facility to include but not limited to: coordinating service requests with vendors, coordinating employee moves and furniture reconfigurations, and maintaining a floor plan database.
- Monitor office equipment, obtain quotes and arrange the repair of inoperative equipment by contacting appropriate companies and overseeing repairs.
- Make recommendations for vendor products and services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Oversee Building Management System for heating/cooling
- Work with Janitorial staff to arrange conference rooms for special functions as needed
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance and asset management
Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and spoken English, and work effectively with others.
Preferred: Bachelor degree, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Auto Cad experience, BMS knowledge, and Oracle
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience. Be familiar with all departments of a Facility.
11+ Years with HS
7+ Years with AA
5+ Years with BS
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor Degree in Facilities Management or related field. and 5 years of work experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top