BAE Systems in Endicott, NY is looking for a Facilities Tradesman to join their team!
The new hire will perform a variety of moderately complex general maintenance activities in support of moderate sized aerospace and defense engineering and manufacturing contractor facility.
1. Installs, moves and removes a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment using special tools and equipment such as staging, hoists and rigging.
2. Install and adjust hangers, brackets, shims, doors and other devices to secure equipment and insure that work is plumb and level.
3. Ability to perform miscellaneous preventative maintenance tasks; general, mechanical, electrical and chemical. Activities such as but not limited to repairing doors, toilets, urinals, replace light bulbs, replace filters, change chemical in jet cleans, pickup recyclable waste in a proper manner.
4. Ability to assist in assembling, disassembling and moving furniture and/or equipment.
5. Experience or ability to learn proper operation of fork trucks and pallet jacks to assist with any moves.
6. Works from blueprints, equipment drawings, schematics and verbal instructions.
7. Repairs, lubricates and performs preventative maintenance activities on a variety of sophisticated equipment.
8. Assists in the installation and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, blowers, motors, machine shop and other mechanical equipment.
9. Assists in the collection, sorting and storing of hazardous waste materials.
10. May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education High School degree, Trade School diploma or equivalent
At least 3 years of general maintenance experience.
Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Must obtain and maintain fork lift operator’s license. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top