Facilities Trades Technician/Plant Engineering
Performs a variety of highly complex and diversified general maintenance activities.
With two locations grossing approximately 374KSF in Wayne and Totowa, NJ, the selected individual will be reporting into the supervisor of Facilities where he or she will be working alongside a group of skilled tradespersons tasked with the maintenance and repair of building systems spanning across various space types (Engineering and environmental labs, manufacturing floors, office space, electrical and mechanical rooms, etc.). The individual will be an addition to a growing team of Plant Engineering professionals that report into the manager of Facilities. The NJ Facilities Management team is a heavily relied upon support function accommodating approximately 700+ employees and is responsible for the following:
Operations and maintenance of core building systems
Employee safety, health and well being
Sustainability and energy management
Business continuity and emergency response
Not limited to snow removal, emergency response and must be responsive to off-hour emergencies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Requires a High School or Trade School diploma or its equivalent and at least five (5) years of general maintenance experience.
- Must have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift 35 + pounds. Must be comfortable with and capable of occasionally working at heights.
- Requires indoor as well as outdoor work in varying temperatures and weather.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of Maximo or other CMMS software and MS Office suites.
- Familiarity of Johnson Controls building management system software a plus.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) preferred.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top