BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair is seeking a qualified Facilities Building and Grounds Leadperson to oversee the safe operation and maintenance of all buildings and grounds located within the shipyard as well as offsite, and to effectively oversee all personnel assigned to them on a daily basis.
Works independently, but under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Oversees personnel and/or contractors in the execution of regular maintenance of all buildings and associated equipment.
- Directs and assists as required in planned outages.
- Works closely with other trades and other BAE Systems personnel in the coordination of work efforts.
- Ability to respond to issues after hours and during weekends.
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices.
- Proactively ensures that Facilities personnel and contractors carryout work in a safe manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor Required Skills and Education Minimum 5 years of construction/maintenance experience or equivalent education.
Minimum 2 years experience as a member of the BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair Facilities Department
Good verbal and written communication skills with fellow BAE employees, contractors, vendors and customer.
Interpret equipment blueprints, schematic drawings, and equipment maintenance tasks.
Possess computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Rapid Gate pass.
Strong work ethic and history of safe work practice. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top