Facilities Engineer Sr.
Approach all aspects of work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
Overall responsibility for large capital and expense projects related to facility maintenance and growth.
Plans, designs and coordinates large capital and expense projects pertaining to facility renovations, assembly line installations, equipment upgrades and facility infrastructure.
Will include infrastructure modernization, maintenance and upgrading of plant electrical, HVAC, mechanical systems, and buildings.
Ensures facilities compliance with OSHA, EPA, applicable codes (NEC, IBC, ADA) and local, state and federal codes and regulations.
Oversee facilities and plant building construction and renovation projects
Develops implementation schedules, cost analysis, budget and manpower estimates related to facilities modernization.
Coordinate activities to minimize production/operation delays or lost time and ensures compliance to schedule, budget and project objectives.
Investigates need for new facilities and equipment; participates in make or buy decision.
Develops specifications for foundations, structural, electrical, mechanical and necessary utilities which support facilities project implementation.
Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance and quality requirements are met.
Coordinates all phases of assigned projects from concept , scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, related bid meetings, design, manufacturing, installation through final start-up, acceptance and project close out.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creates, plans and performs engineering design, development and/or analysis tasks of complex projects. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule and performance requirements.
2. Applies Engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project.
3. Manages assigned facility project in area of training, including meeting with customers to define project scope, determining conceptual design approach, developing and monitoring project budgets, manpower estimates and schedules, handling communication during construction, monitoring construction quality, negotiating changes, creating a punch-list and certifying completion for final payment.
4. Coordinates all phases of assigned projects from concept , scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, related bid meetings, design, manufacturing, installation through final start-up, acceptance and project close out.
5. Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
6. Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
7. Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.
8. Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers to solve technical problems of complexity.
9. Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.
10. Analyzes and recommends methods for improving efficiency and reducing environmental impact of plant operations.
11. Provides input on equipment reliability and robust design.
12. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends and applications.
13. May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
14. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
15. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Associates degree in a relevant technical discipline plus 7 years relevant work experience.
Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- -Familiarity with current computer applications including Word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and CAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).
- -High mental/visual application required to analyze facilities problems and recommend solutions. Preferred Skills and Education B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline plus 8 years relevant experience.
. Five Years experience coordinating all phases of assigned projects from concept , scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, related bid meetings, design, manufacturing, installation through final start-up, acceptance and project close out.
Experience with Budget responsibility on estimating and actual costs of projects
- -Ability to use engineering and scientific principles, logic and defined procedures to solve problems and complete tasks with supervision.
- -Past performance with project costs and schedules and how it can affect programs.
- -Experience to negotiate project changes and to negotiate with customers on project scope and schedule.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top