F35 Systems Integration Engineer
- Fort Worth, TX
BAE Systems has an opportunity for an SSS Systems Engineer to support the F35 program in Fort Worth, Texas. The SSS
Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Creating requirements
- Developing test procedures
- Executing test procedures for the JADE, VSSM, Health Monitoring System (HMS), and other HITL_SW products across multiple classification levels and venues
- Playing a role in verifying that Software Problem Anomaly Reports (SPARs) have been corrected prior to closure
- Attending and participating in Change Control Board meetings
- Attending and participating on the SPAR Board to ensure defects requiring updates to system engineering products are completed appropriately
- Providing weekly status updates to lead/manager
- Engaging with SSS stakeholders to ensure requirement and verification needs are being met
- Creating required system engineering documents and delivering documents where applicable
Filling this position is contingent upon funding in Q2 2020.
Required Skills and Education
- Systems Engineer with S/W experience for requirements decomposition, verification test procedure development on SW-in-the-loop simulation
- F-35 Mission Systems knowledge
- Agile experience, Version One experience a plus
- Experience with simulation
- Experience with verifying requirements through the creation/execution of SWAT automated and manual test procedures; Updating Test Procedure module with new procedures and test results within requirements and verification traceability tools DOORS; and Updating Serena Dimensions documentation to support associated software development life cycles within configuration management tools
Please note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires U.S. citizenship.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degrees preferred: Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience in development of System Requirements and Allocation to subsystems.
- Experience in development and execution of System Test Procedures
- Familiarity with DOORS and Serena Dimensions tools
- Familiarity with SWAT test language and scripts
- Familiarity with Change Request (CR), Requirement, Verification, and Review life cycles (JWP, WPE, etc.)
- Familiarity with F-35 Mission Systems Architecture and subsystems
- Demonstrated experience in detail planning (estimating, task scheduling using MS Project)
- Experience in delivering products to external customers
- Working knowledge of EVMS and implications to project decision making.
- Experience in development of detail System Design
- Working knowledge regarding military threat analysis
- Strong technical leadership
- Strong oral written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Strong planning skills to include logical task structure, estimating, etc.
- Strong understanding of product development
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top