F-35 Systems Engineer (Eng Prin - Sys): Off-Board Prognostics and Health Management
BAE Systems’ F35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified systems engineer to develop and deliver functionality to process, manage, display, and maintain Individual Component Tracking (ICT) and Loads and Environmental Spectral Survey (LESS) information as part of the F-35 Off-Board Prognostics and Health Management (OBPHM) and Force Life Management (FLM) system.
Job duties include systems architecture requirements and analysis, design/mechanization, design reviews with dedicated software and systems engineering team members, and functional testing of Off-board PHM applications for the JSF Autonomic Logistics Information System Integrated Product Team.
Position requires systems development experience, knowledge of object oriented design and analysis, and familiarity with programming languages and databases. Applicant will be responsible for requirements analysis, documentation of functional design, and test and verification of JSF ALIS Off-Board PHM applications, as well as providing sustainment support to enable the successful update and maturation of data models, algorithms, and data processing of F-35 health and usage data.
Applicants will apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications using a user-centric design process in an Agile development environment. Successful candidates will interact with users and engineers to design and develop OBPHM products, ensuring they meet the user’s requirements.
Candidate should have experience and in-depth knowledge of systems and software development processes and procedures and work well in a team environment. Good verbal, written, and communications skills are essential.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- User-Centric Requirements Capture and Design – Experience designing software systems
- UML experience
- Experience using configuration management repositories
- Familiarity with software development languages such as Java and/or C++
- Familiarity with databases such as Oracle
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with military aircraft support systems or maintenance
- Designing GUIs in a web environment and experience with user interface design
- Requirements configuration using DOORS
- Experience with an Agile development environment
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, or diagnostic engineering and capability development and sustainment for advanced military aircraft
- Technical understanding and familiarity with the Off-Board Prognostics and Health Management (OBPHM) architectures, the internal function of the systems.
- Project engineering and project management experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM) understanding and familiarity
- System integration experience
- Technical problem solving skills, strong analytical skills
- Proposal writing and BOE experience
- Complex software development understanding / experience
- Familiarity with F-35 organization structure and functions
- Experience with working in a dynamic, diverse team environment
- Team player with good organizational skills
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and customer interface skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with all levels of management
- Skilled user of MS Office
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top