F35 Systems Engineer
- Fort Worth, TX
BAE Systems has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to support the F35 program in Fort Worth, TX.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for creating requirements, develop test procedures, and execute test procedures for the FIAB on FMS across multiple classification levels and venues. Plays a role in verifying that Software Problem Anomaly Reports (SPARs) have been corrected prior to closure. Attend and participate in Change Control Board meeting. Attend and participate on the SPAR Board to ensure defects requiring updates to system engineering products are completed appropriately. Provide weekly status updates to lead/manager. Engage with stakeholders to ensure requirement and verification needs are being met. Create required system engineering documents and delivered where applicable.
Filling this position is contingent upon funding in Q2 2020.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in requirements development/decomposition and DOORs
- Will need access to the LMI and EDN
- Experience with simulation
- Experience with verifying requirements through the creation/execution of automated and manual test procedures; Updating Test Procedure module with new procedures and test results within requirements and verification traceability tools DOORS; and Updating Serena Dimensions documentation to support associated software development life cycles within configuration management tools
Please note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires U.S. citizenship.
Preferred Skills and Education
Degrees preferred: Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience in development of System Requirements and Allocation to subsystems.
- Experience in development and execution of System Test Procedures
- Familiarity with DOORS and Serena Dimensions tools
- Familiarity with SWAT test language and scripts
- Familiarity with Change Request (CR), Requirement, Verification, and Review life cycles (JWP, WPE, etc.)
- Familiarity with F-35 Mission Systems Architecture and subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in detail planning (estimating, task scheduling using MS Project)
- Experience in delivering products to external customers
- Working knowledge of EVMS and implications to project decision making.
- Experience in development of detail System Design
- Working knowledge regarding military threat analysis.
- Strong technical leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Strong planning skills to include logical task structure, estimating, etc.
- Strong understanding of product development
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top