F-35 Software Engineer
- Dublin, GA
The BattleSpace Environment Software team is looking for highly motivated software engineers who have experience developing and integrating software components using C++ and Object Oriented Development analysis (OOA)/ Object-Oriented Design(OOD) techniques. The BattleSpace Environment Software team develops and provides the software simulations environment products that support the integration, testing, verification and mission effectiveness analysis for several Aeronautics programs.
Responsibilities may include developing or updating simulation software to incorporate new aircraft capabilities, integrating new or updated vendor models, and supporting the integration of the BattleSpace Environment product with other simulation products.
Filling this position is contingent upon funding in Q2 2020.
This position will be located in Marietta, GA.
Required Skills and Education
- Software development experience (design, develop, and debug C++ Object-Oriented code), Domain Expertise in Threat and Friendly Weapons simulation modeling, IR/RF Environments, Real-Time Simulation
- Expertise with at least one of the following Aircraft Avionics Sensors - Electronic Warfare (EW), Electronic Support Measures (ESM), RADAR, Distributed Aperture System (DAS), Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS), IR Environment modeling, RF Environment modeling, DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation) modeling
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technical Field preferably in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience working with software in an integration environment
- Experience in one or more areas related to simulation software, e.g. real-time executives, modeling and simulation, visual systems, data management, analysis systems, etc.
- Expertise in C++ programming
- Expertise with Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) / Object-Oriented Design (OOD) techniques
Preferred Skills and Education
- Additional desired skills for this position include:
- Software development experience with real-time simulation operating systems, avionics software flight and sensor software
- Strong data analytics experience
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Eclipse
- An extreme interest in anything airborne, such as fighter aircraft and airplanes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top