F-35 Software Engineer
- Fort Worth, TX
The F-35 Shared Simulation Software team is looking for highly motivated software engineers who have experience developing and integrating software components using C++ and Object Oriented Development analysis (OOA)/ Object-Oriented Design(OOD) techniques. The Shared Simulation Software team develops and maintains the software simulations products that support the integration, testing, verification and mission effectiveness analysis for the F-35 program.
Additional desired skills for this position include software development experience with real-time simulation operating systems, avionics software flight and sensor software.
Responsibilities may include developing simulation software to incorporate new aircraft capabilities, integrating new or updated vendor models, integrating the shared simulation software products with customer products, performing analysis of simulation results with actual sensor performance and participating as a member of an agile team.
Filling this position is contingent upon funding in Q2 2020.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience integrating complex software into new environments, HW/SW integration, massive parallel programming
- Willingness to travel between 50 to 80% or be TDY(to support F-35IAB at Pax, Edwards, MFDL, SAWH, H8, etc.)
- This position is located at a facility that requires a Secret clearance and special access with a background investigation date less than 6 years to start.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technical Field preferably in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience working with software in an integration environment
- Experience in one or more areas related to simulation software, e.g. real-time executives, modeling and simulation, visual systems, data management, analysis systems, etc.
- Expertise in C++ programming
- Expertise with Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) / Object-Oriented Design (OOD) techniques
Please note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires U.S. citizenship.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Strong data analytics experience
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools, such as VersionOne
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience with Eclipse
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and tooling, such as Jenkins
• Experience with automated testing
• An extreme interest in anything airborne, such as fighter aircraft and airplanes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Strong work ethic and self-motivation
• Expertise with at least one of the following Aircraft Avionics Sensors - Electronic Warfare (EW), Electronic Support Measures (ESM), RADAR, Distributed Aperture System (DAS), Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top