F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert
The F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert (P/SME) position is located at Hill AFB, Utah.
The F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert will support operational mission rehearsal in/with applicable training devices. The P/SME will be the local operational focal point for technical content on existing courseware. He/She will provide input based on in-depth knowledge of Joint Technical Data (JTD), service publications, and aircraft systems that will allow accurate and consistent mission support across a broad spectrum of operational contexts.
The F-35 P/SME's responsibilities are as follows:
- Supporting military pilot currency in the Full Mission Simulator (FMS) and the Deployable Mission Rehearsal Trainer (DMRT) by providing 5th generation fighter pilot expertise and F-35 Air Vehicle and Mission System knowledge required to support military pilot training
- Operating the Instructor Operating Stations (IOS) and will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for pilot training and tactics development, emergency procedures, Instrument and NATOPs simulator events, and mission system training events
- Providing instruction and support to mission planning, pre-event briefings, and post-event debriefings to support pilot training device continuation training requirements. His/Her understanding of mission requirements and simulator capabilities will help enhance continuation training delivered to operational pilots.
- Conducting quality aircrew training device support and/or instruction, accomplishing applicable continuation and mission requirements, and adhering to published standards
- Maintaining system expertise
- Preparing briefing rooms before the scheduled lesson or aircrew training device mission, cleaning up briefing rooms, and returning them to the pre-mission condition
- Evaluating and recording aircrew training device performance, and verbally debriefing any/all errors committed
- Conducting remedial student academic or pilot training device instruction, coordinating recommended corrective action(s) and remedial training with the Lead Instructor and active duty supervisors, when required
- Supporting continuation training, mission revision, aircrew training device scenario design and programming efforts
Reviewing monthly/quarterly flying literature, safety reports and Service publications for updated information to be incorporated into training materials
- Being available for student assistance, questions, and "sandbag" missions when not scheduled for formal academic instruction, aircrew training device instruction, or courseware development and revisions
- Providing Special Weapons and Tactics Training (SWATT) when scheduled (when on contract)
- Conducting Instrument Refresher Course instruction (if qualified and on contract)
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1,000 hours Fighter Flight Time in fourth and/or fifth generation fighter aircraft
- Formal Training Unit (FTU), Replacement Squadron (FRS), or Operational Instructor Pilot (IP) experience (required).
- Strong, proven verbal communications skills
- Proven successful experience with instructional products and services, evaluating pilot training and leading pilot students
- Considered an expert, authority in discipline
- Experience with F-35 program highly desire
- 1,500 hours Fighter Flight Time in fourth and/or fifth generation fighter aircraft
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top