F-35 Field Operations Manager
- Fort Worth, TX
The F-35 Field Operations Manager will manage the day to day operations of the BAE Operation's Center team, and provide effective leadership for the development, management, and delivery of all Technical Services and activities within the F-35 Sustainment Program relating to specific systems in which BAE Systems holds design responsibility and serve as the primary liaison between the LM and military customers.
- Ensure effective leadership of Technical Services activities by setting delivery targets, monitoring progress, and developing performance improvement programs.
- Responsible for management reviews; the assessment of escalated issues for impact on Continuing Airworthiness and generating effective resolution, or sponsoring escalation to senior management, as appropriate.
- Lead and manage a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, for the purpose of developing and delivering Technical Services at strategic and tactical levels, while maximizing operational efficiency and minimizing costs.
- Lead compliance with all applicable contractual requirements, e.g., through support to contract reviews, and ensure the communication and implementation of any changes into Technical Services activities, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework, and ensure any regulatory-driven changes are implemented. Lead Technical Services' compliance with all other requirements, e.g., ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Ensure all Technical Services activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance framework. Ensure Process Confirmations and independent assurance audits are supported by Technical Services personnel. Manage audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information into the relevant reviews. Generate, deliver, and implement effective improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
- Lead the application of Human Factors, Error Management, Risk Management and Safety Assurance within Technical Services, together with the proactive analysis, mitigation and management of hazards.
- Lead Technical Services' compliance with the MAI CAME, its associated procedures and standards, and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Drive and implement change as required, while ensuring compliance.
- Manage and control costs and budgets.
- Work with senior management to generate, drive and implement long-term improvements, in order to enhance performance or overcome non-compliance across departments / functions.
- Through coordination with other departments, ensure integration of the Technical Services activity within the business, including planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for cross-functional, high level of complexity/impact activities.
- Develop and maximize employee performance and motivate teams, in order to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Apply developed communication skills, demonstrate diplomacy and an ability to negotiate with, influence, convince, shape and change the behavior of others.
- Substantial experience as an operational manager within a Maintenance & Support environment with proven track record of team building and customer service
- Recent extensive experience as a Team Leader in Technical Services or a related discipline, such as Reliability Program management or Maintenance Program development.
- Solid competency in managing direct reports regarding timekeeping, annual evaluations, disciplinary action, award recognition, etc.
- Substantial working experience with Action Requests (ARs) via the Customer Relationship Management Tool (CRM), Lightning II Information Support Tool (LIST), and Integrated Engineering Database (IEDB).
- Experience writing and interpreting Joint-Service Technical Data (JTD), and Flight Series Data (FSD).
- Ability to work in a high stress environment to meet customer needs and expectations at short notice
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings/blueprints in addition to technical specifications
- Intimate working knowledge of F-35 Fleet Management practices.
- Experience managing the release of all technical information, both mandatory and advisory, including the distribution for assessment and provision to point of use.
- At a strategic level, experience managing the Technical Services interface with Design Organizations and OEMs, Maintenance Tasking & Verification, Reliability & Maintenance Programs and all other key stakeholders, in order to deliver the required standards of Continuing Airworthiness and contract delivery.
- Expertise in the assessment, coordination of approval and accomplishment of operator modification requirements.
- Proven ability to manage the assessment and accomplishment of non-mandatory requirements i.e. the evaluation of manufacturers' proposals, including new maintenance requirements, for fleet inclusion.
- Manage the analysis and accomplishment of all applicable airworthiness instructions within the relevant timescales.
- Experience working in a highly complex and politically sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills are required both internally and externally
- Able to perform at a high level in executive meetings involving customer and LM leadership
- Demonstrated track record of excellent customer relationship management
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with Customers, OEMs, Suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working independently with minimal guidance
- Experience with effective reporting of tasks to both senior management and the customer
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.
- High School Diploma, or 18 or more years equivalent experience/combined education
- Associate Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 14 or more years equivalent experience/combined education
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 12 years equivalent experience/combined education
- Master Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 10 years equivalent experience/combined education
- Previous military aircraft maintenance experience highly desired
- Existing security clearance of Secret or higher.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top