Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Developer (Senior)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced ETL Developer to join our team! This role will support a DevSecOps program in an Agile SAFe environment and leverage standard and custom tools for Extract, Transform and Loading of data between databases for the customer. The role requires the development custom code/scripts to quickly extract, triage and exploit data across domains and data. This position will serve as the developer of a group of ETLs supporting enterprise requirements and relaying feedback to team
- An ELT Developer is responsible for designing the data storage system for the enterprise and is charged with testing it before it goes live.
- Designing and implementing a large scale ingest system in a big data environment.
- Required to read, analyze and digest what the enterprise want to accomplish with its data and design the best possible ELT process to support those objectives.
- Responsible for recommending methodologies to optimize the visualization, organization, storage, and availability of large scale data in support of enterprise requirements.
- Provide scripting support to enhance dataset access solutions.
- Hold meetings with PMO and enterprise stakeholders
- Serve as a functional lead for ETL team.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- A must have minimum of 8 years of experience with data modeling.
- Able to establish database designs in various forms to include star and snowflake schemas.
- Extensive experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, that utilize SQL queries.
- Extensive ETL/Data Integration experience using Pentaho, Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby on Rails, Elastic and Neo4J.
- Must have previous supervising experience.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Candidate must have a Bachelors with 8-12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top