BAE Systems is looking for a Machinist who also has interest in precision inspection for their Nashua New Hampshire Model Shop facility. The Model Shop work scope consists of engineering and development of products in a fast paced proto-type environment.
Performs highly complex machining operations to produce from start to finish, a variety of production and prototype-machined parts.
- Works independently from complex blueprints and written or verbal ideas in order to fabricate, alter or repair complex and costly parts where required tolerances are often unusually close and complex, and are extremely difficult to acquire and maintain.
- Designs and fabricates own tooling and fixtures to perform complex operations using a variety of metals and materials. Utilizes expert understanding of mathematical and mechanical principles and formulas to calculate compound angles, bends and other engineering design details.
- Plans and performs complex machining of parts using a variety of progressive operations. Incorporates an expert knowledge of the material in use and how it performs on both standard and CNC metal cutting machines in order to create the most efficient and effective process.
- Works closely with engineers, using drawings, sketches, verbal instructions and experimental ideas, which have not been incorporated in original drawings to create engineering prototypes.
- Estimates and plans specific projects and coordinates the work effort of others. Provides set-up instructions and guidance to lower level employees.
- Understands and may perform, on a limited basis, related operations such as heat treating, precision assembly and inspection welding in order to plan for the most effective developmental experimental designs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top