Experienced Computer Architect - Intelligent Adaptive Software
Experienced Computer Architect
Intelligent Adaptive Software (IAS)
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Computer Architect to research and develop RISC-V based SoCs. In this role, you will lead cutting-edge advanced computing research impacting real-world problems to keep our country safe. If you are a technology driven individual who loves to work with cutting edge hardware development tools, this is the career opportunity for you!
Who we are:
The BAE Systems' Intelligent Adaptive Software (IAS) directorate is a leading multidisciplinary R&D department dedicated to meeting critical U.S. military needs. Our directorate specializes in research in computer science, software engineering, and artificial intelligence for autonomous systems - investigating, developing, and evaluating innovative technology across a variety of domains for customers in the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC). Our research spans the R&D lifecycle, from basic and applied research up through advanced technology demonstration to transitioning our results to business areas within our organization and in some cases directly to our government customers.
Join us for amazing R&D challenges and work on revolutionary advanced computing technology that makes a direct real-world impact!
What we offer:
• Cutting edge advanced computing research
• Application to real-world challenge problems
• Collaboration with investigators from top computer science departments
• Exceptional teammates
• Opportunities to learn and grow
• A fun workplace, excellent benefits, and every other Friday off
Who you are:
We seek an experienced computer architect with strong experience with hardware design; preference is given to experience with a high-level hardware description language such as Bluespec and/or Chisel. Thorough understanding of hardware-software co-design, system-level trade-offs, etc. is expected. You will be working on designing RISC-V-based SoCs employing a flow that reduces the development time by an order of magnitude.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated experience with hardware design and hardware development tools.
- Strong computer architecture skills, including organization of CPU/GPU and ability to analyze architectural and micro-architectural tradeoffs.
- Excellence in system design, with thorough understanding of hardware-software co-design, and system-level tradeoffs.
- Respected in science and technology (S&T) academic communities, with visibility and participation in relevant professional community as demonstrated through publication record, program/review committees, standards participation, invited talks/panels, and/or patents.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with strong written and communication skills; experience in preparing highly technical briefs.
- Experience with a high-level hardware description language such as Bluespec and/or Chisel.
- Preferred Education - MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top