Executive Assistant- Legal and Contracts
The highly experienced Executive Assistant will support the Vice Presidents within the Legal and Contracts Department and other director-level staff. The EA will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of Vice Presidents’ and other delegated staff’s schedules. The EA must be professional, innovative, self-motivated, and able to juggle multiple tasks in this fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. The position will require the ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in handling matters that are critical or confidential in nature.
Additional responsibilities and opportunities exist to lead and support significant projects within the Legal and Contracts Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the Vice Presidents of Legal and Contracts and director-level staff as the administrative focal point.
2. Lead and assist with critical projects as a member of the leadership team. Create PowerPoint presentations with embedded Excel for business meetings. Create, edit, and format documents, including highly visible business letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, and other documents as requested.
3. Support metrics analysis, web maintenance and SharePoint coordination.
4. Manage and distribute certain time-sensitive corporate/legal documents and records. Requires attention to detail, ability to track and update large amounts of data and records, and multitasking.
5. Maintain calendars and arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
6. Maintain calendars and arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
7. Manage communications with senior level internal and external customers.
8. Maintain a variety of soft and hard copy records/files that involve company proprietary data that if revealed would be detrimental to the company’s interests.
9. Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Telecom and WebEx connections and coordinate Telepresence meetings. Arrange for and assist with the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support International guests during these meetings.
10. Maintain office supplies that are essential for successful operation for the function. Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to: typing, copying, collating, stapling, preparing packages for delivery, filing, record-keeping, and data entry.
11. Coordinate extensive travel for the VPs and designated staff through the travel coordinator. Manage travel arrangements, meeting preparation, expense reporting, and procurement card reconciliation.
12. Manage all aspects of receiving, and screening all forms of communication as required.
13. Other duties as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience High School diploma or equivalent Required Skills and Education
7 years of related experience. Must have excellent administrative and secretarial skills, including advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. General knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Administrative/business school or Associates degree. Certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional. Formal training in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook.
10-plus years of related experience.
About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top