Provides confidential services to Vice President, Information Management, which by nature of the position involves executive-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Duties will be both administrative in nature or project based. Maintains calendar, triages e-mails based on importance and urgency, arranges business travel, coordinates meeting arrangements, prepares and organizes meeting materials and tracks expenses. Uses Microsoft Office applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.; may prepare responses to routine correspondence and inquiries. Extensive software skills, social tool use (SharePoint, WebEx, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) and strong communication skills are required. Attend staff meetings, take notes, and follow-up on outstanding agenda items as required. Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of 3 years supporting senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Experience managing complex calendars and scheduling
- Experience coordinating domestic and international travel. Scheduling cost effective air, hotel & ground transportation.
- Experience with expense reports, purchase orders, budget planning and managing corporate card purchases
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun in an extremely ambiguous environment
Preferred Skills and Education
- Technologically savvy
Presentation graphics and technical information communication skills
- Use of social tools for communication
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top