The highly experienced Executive Assistant will support the Vice President of Legal and Contracts, and other limited staff. The EA will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of Vice Presidents’ and other delegated staff’s schedules. The EA must be professional, innovative, self-motivated and able to juggle multiple tasks in this fast-paced environment. The position will require the ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in handling matters of that are critical or confidential in nature.
1. Support the Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and limited staff as the administrative focal point for the HR team.
2. Maintain the VP and Directors’ calendars, arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
3. Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Telecon and Webex connections and coordinate Telepresence meetings and conference rooms. Handle the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support International guests during these meetings.
4. Maintain office supplies that are essential for successful operation for the HR organization. Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to: typing, copying, collating, stapling, preparing packages for delivery, filing, record-keeping, and data entry.
5. Lead and assist with critical projects as a member of the leadership team. Create PowerPoint presentations with embedded Excel for business meetings and others documents as required.
6. Coordinate extensive travel for the VPs, Directors and designated staff through the travel coordinator. Manage travel arrangements, expense reporting, and procurement card reconciliation.
7. Manage all aspects of receiving, and screening all forms of communication as required.
8. Manage headquarters purchase order and requisition processes in Oracle system.
9. Support Headquarters HR Manager in onboarding and out-processing of employees.
Required Skills and Education High School diploma or equivalent
7 years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree may replace the experience requirement. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. General knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Administrative/business school or Associates degree. Certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional. Formal training in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook and Oracle.
10 plus years of related experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top