Executive Admin Assistant
The highly experienced Executive Assistant will support the Vice President and General Manager of the Integrated Defense Solutions Business Area and limited staff.
The EA will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the Vice Presidents' schedule. The EA must be professional, innovative, self-motivated and able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The position will require the ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in handling matters that are critical and or confidential in nature. The employee will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the VP/GM and limited staff as the administrative focal point.
- Maintain the VP/GM's calendar, arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Tele-con and Web-ex connections. Handle the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support guests during these meetings.
- Maintain office supplies that are essential for successful operation for the VP/GM and staff.
- Lead and assist with critical projects as a member of the Integrated Defense Solutions Team. Create PowerPoint presentations with embedded Excel for documents as required. Support metrics analysis, web maintenance and SharePoint coordination.
- Coordinate extensive domestic and international travel for the VP/GM and designated staff. Manage travel arrangements, expense reporting, and procurement.
- Manage all aspects of receiving, and screening all forms of communication as required. Create iLearn updates and reports as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 8+ Years with HS or 5+ Years with AA or 2+ Years with BS
- High level of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent verbal & written. Well organized and flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Upbeat, positive, and outgoing personality
- Takes initiative and works well under pressure
- Commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Good judgment and awareness of business needs and priorities
- Excellent calendar management skills to coordinate complex meeting arrangements. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Upload information to Microsoft SharePoint
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top