EW/RF Electrical Design Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a self-motivated Electronic Warfare (EW) Engineer for the Automated Test Systems product line, which supports various DoD Automated Test Equipment (ATE) contracts. The ATE operates from 10 MHz to 18GHz.
The EW Engineer works with a team of engineers to develop new EW products and provide design upgrades and maintenance support for our fielded EW test systems. Key responsibilities include developing test system requirements, developing test methods, recommending hardware and software test implementation, and developing algorithms to test EW systems.
The EW Engineer's responsibilities also include troubleshooting failed EW test units (returned from the field). The EW Engineer works with other functional groups to provide system improvements. These improvements include signal processing upgrades using hardware and software (DSP) based techniques.
Daily activities may include:
- Design and development of ATE to test EW systems.
- Working with technicians to troubleshoot EW test equipment returned from the field. This may include researching part specifications, reviewing schematics and interconnect diagrams, using common RF lab equipment to pinpoint problems, and developing test and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Developing signal processing techniques, using MATLAB, to improve system functionality or provide new capabilities.
- Researching and recommending hardware upgrades.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong knowledge of and experience with EW systems, techniques, and implementation (hardware and software).
- Strong signal processing knowledge including analog and digital
- Experience with systems engineering processes (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design).
- Strong MATLAB skills. Strong knowledge of DSP toolbox
Experience with Radar Theory, Electronic Attack (EA), and Electronic Protection (EP) techniques.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top